Artists: Submit your own maps at makemapsproject@gmail.com
Twitter: @MakeMaps



Newbury by Oliver McAinsh

Talented illustrator Oliver McAinsh sent over a map of his own small corner of Berkshire. The map has wonderfully delicate appearance which gives special attention to the intricately drawn and positioned architecture.

“This image shows the area that I currently spend most of my time. I live in a small village called Cold Ash on top of a hill that leads down to the old market town of Newbury. It is the buildings which make this area so appealing to me, which is why I have chosen to focus on them instead of roads and street names. Most people don’t notice the history as they go about their daily lives, so I encourage them to take another look.”

A beautiful map, thanks Oliver! See more of Oliver's illustration portfolio here: www.olivermac.com and if you want to create a map of somewhere you belong get involved!